FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Hundreds and possibly thousands of bags are stuck at Fort Lauderdale airport this afternoon following an unspecified massive systems failure by JetBlue Airways. Passengers arriving directly domestically and overseas, including Mexico, are learning their bags traveling from or through Fort Lauderdale are nowhere to be found.
JetBlue representatives are telling customers to deal with the problem at destination airports — the airline does not have a centralized baggage tracking system.
Calls to Fort Lauderdale baggage services are ringing to voicemail.
This is the unofficial start of the holiday travel season. Unclear why JetBlue is unprepared.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees