FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Hundreds and possibly thousands of bags are stuck at Fort Lauderdale airport this afternoon following an unspecified massive systems failure by JetBlue Airways. Passengers arriving directly domestically and overseas, including Mexico, are learning their bags traveling from or through Fort Lauderdale are nowhere to be found.
JetBlue representatives are telling customers to deal with the problem at destination airports — the airline does not have a centralized baggage tracking system.
Calls to Fort Lauderdale baggage services are ringing to voicemail.
This is the unofficial start of the holiday travel season. Unclear why JetBlue is unprepared.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop