FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Hundreds and possibly thousands of bags are stuck at Fort Lauderdale airport this afternoon following an unspecified massive systems failure by JetBlue Airways. Passengers arriving directly domestically and overseas, including Mexico, are learning their bags traveling from or through Fort Lauderdale are nowhere to be found.
JetBlue representatives are telling customers to deal with the problem at destination airports — the airline does not have a centralized baggage tracking system.
Calls to Fort Lauderdale baggage services are ringing to voicemail.
This is the unofficial start of the holiday travel season. Unclear why JetBlue is unprepared.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising