BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is releasing a new photo as detectives hope to identify a suspect in last week’s armed robberies — and shooting — in West Boca that shut down 441 for hours.
The first armed robbery occurred at the Academic High School located in the 23100 block of State Road 7, unincorporated Boca Raton. The suspect entered the school approached an employee and demanded to know where the safe was. Once he was told there was no safe on the premises he fled the area and struck the second location. The second armed robbery occurred at Cosmo Pro Beauty Supply, located in the 23200 block of State Road 7, unincorporated Boca Raton. The suspect entered the store and demanded the clerk to open the safe. The clerk and patron both fled the store leaving the suspect behind.
The suspect was described as a thin black male, approximately 6’5”, wearing blue jeans, a blue short-sleeve button down shirt, a dark baseball cap and a dark bandana covering his face. The suspect was armed with a dark handgun.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-458-TIPS.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive