UPDATE: 11:52a Tuesday, December 13th: Don’t ever mock the power of BocaNewsNow.com. A fence was erected hours after this article first appeared yesterday and now surrounds the worksite. There is still a substantial amount of dangerous equipment outside the fence, but clearly Palm Beach County is aware of the unprofessional and careless manner in which its workers left the site for weeks. See the bottom photo for the brand new fence.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Open man holes, large pipes, electric pumps and piles of dirt have sat dormant for weeks at the intersection of West Palmetto Park Road and Judge Winikoff Road in West Boca Raton. The Palm Beach County Water Utility Department — which started work months ago — has left the dangerous site just feet from Loggers Run Middle School.
Photos show just how dangerous the unprotected area is, including a meaningless makeshift fence on one side made of orange plastic and displaying a “no trespassing” sign.
Attorneys tell BocaNewsNow.com that this is what’s known as an “attractive nuisance” — a dangerous site that is calling out to curious kids walking by on their way to school.
“This is an injury or wrongful death lawsuit waiting to happen,” said one legal expert to BocaNewsNow.com.
We called PBCWUD and received no response.
We’ll update when and if we do.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend
- ELECTIONS: Deadline Is Saturday For Vote-By-Mail Ballot
- Delray Beach Man Convicted Of Sending Spy Equipment To Libya
- Palm Beach County Commissioner Slams Governor DeSantis On Vaccine Stance