BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsnow.com) (Source: Boca Raton Fire Rescue) — On Thursday evening, May 18, 2017 Boca Raton Fire Rescue responded to a report of a structure fire in the Grand Oaks subdivision of the Broken Sound Community. The 911 call was made by the teenaged daughter of the homeowner who was home alone with her younger brother.
While in her bedroom the daughter noted an odor of something burning and went to investigate. When she entered the kitchen area she noticed smoke coming from a pile of papers located next to the kitchen counter.
She immediately alerted her younger brother and dialed 911 form her cell phone. She and her brother were able to gather all the pets and exit the home safely.
There were no injuries, however the home suffered extensive damage to the kitchen and living room.
When firefighters arrived, they found the children outside with the pets and were quickly able to confirm no one else was in the home. The cause of this fire is still under investigation at the writing of this release.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees