BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are still nearly 100,000 customers in Palm Beach County without power — and a not insignificant portion live in Boca Raton or South Palm Beach County.
While we’ve learned that FPL’s numbers are nowhere near accurate — we keep receiving reports from people who say FPL reports they have power, but do not — the FPL system tracking website shows 92,590 customers in PBC without power as of 12:30pm Friday. FPL claims to have resorted 588,200 of the 680,790 customers affected in Palm Beach County.
There will surely be questions asked as to how FPL dropped the ball, why so many crews were out of state, and why it took nearly 48 hours for teams to mobilize in South Florida. Until then, if you are still without power, you may want to repeatedly remind FPL.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Heading To Disney World? No Masks Outside, Still Required Inside
- LOWEST IN A YEAR: Local COVID Hospitalizations Plummet
- No Mask Required In Publix If You Are Vaccinated
- Enhanced DUI Charge For Boca Man, Open Corona In Car When Stopped
- Florida Airports Remind: You MUST Wear Masks
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Federal Judge Rules In Favor Of HOA, Expect Appeal
- Delray Man Says He’s Worth $27M, Refuses To Pay $117 Dinner Check
- Masks Remain Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- BREAKING: CDC Says Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks