DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — While not suggesting that crime is okay, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office has a message to victims of car vandalism in Saturnia Isles, Stone Creek Ranches and Seven Bridges: this is what happens when you leave your car unlocked.
A significant number of vehicles in several West Boca/West Delray communities have been vandalized over the past several days. While notable due to the gated nature of the affected communities, car vandalism is a crime of opportunity that is nothing new. A wallet, a laptop, an iPad or even a few dollars on a dash can be enough to entice a thug to open the door and take what he or she wants.
While not immediately addressing the issue of non-residents entering gated communities, PBSO issued the following statement/guidance:
“We STRESS to the public to PLEASE lock their vehicles and keep their valuables out of the vehicle and in plain sight.
Do not leave valuables in plain view
· (GPS, lap tops, PDA’s, cell phones and purses)
· Do not leave windows open
· Do not leave doors unlocked
· Do not leave the keys inside the vehicle
· Do not leave out items with personal information
· Do not move valuable items to the trunk while in public view”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato
- Palm Beach County To DeSantis: We Make The Rules, Not You
- PUSH BACK: Florida Airports Remind Masks Still Mandatory, DeSantis Has No Authority
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School District Says Wear Masks Or Stay Home
- Boca Raton Police Charge Real Estate Agent With Harming Child