BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It will likely mean nothing several months from now, but Hurricane Irma is being blamed for a sales downturn in both Boca Raton and Delray Beach.
According to the Elliman Report, 611 single family homes closed in Boca Raton during the third quarter, down 17.4 percent from the second quarter. The average sales price is $603,096, down from $674,650. Days on market in the third quarter was 77, up from an average of 72. The average price per square foot was $185.
In Delray Beach, home to Saturnia Isles, Mizner Country Club, communities north of Clint Moore on Jog as well as Bridges and Seven Bridges, the average price per square foot dropped a hair from $249 to $248. Sales, however, dropped significantly — there were 379 closings in the second quarter, but just 276 in the third.
In Delray’s luxury market, which roughly includes homes starting in the area of $1m, the median sales price rose from $1.5m to $1.7m, but the number of days on market rose as well, from 118 to 124. The listing discount in this segment — which is the actual price versus the asking price — was 18 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALERT: CDC SAYS PALM BEACH COUNTY NOW “HIGH” FOR COVID SPREAD
- BOOMERS BOCA RATON: WOMAN CLAIMS ASSAULT, BATTERY
- WARNING: Fort Lauderdale Airport Says Arrive Early, Prepare To Wait This Holiday Weekend
- STALKER: Police Say Boca Raton Woman Stalked, Threatened Victim
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal
- Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer Reacts To School Shooting
- EVACUATION: Morikami Park Elementary School Evacuated
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club