BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In what is often the first step in preparing area land for major housing communities, ground clearing operations are underway just north of Clint Moore Road on Lyons. The ground clearing, on both sides of the street, is taking place on property owned by Boca Raton Associates VIII LLLP which uses the same corporate address in Sunrise as GL Homes, the builder behind The Bridges and Seven Bridges.
Public records reveal, in fact, that GL Homes requested on September 18th that the Palm Beach County Planning and Zoning board “allow an administrative modification to the master plan approved by the Board of County Commissioners… to allow for 182 zero lot line lots.” That would be a small portion of the land just north of The Oaks.
It has long been expected that GL would build communities similar to Bridges and Seven Bridges, but with a Boca Raton address. The Bridges broke ground several years ago with the vast majority of homes originally capping out around $1-Million. Seven Bridges is considered a more upscale version with additional amenities, and many homes sell at a much higher price point. Neither “The Bridges” nor “Seven Bridges” are country clubs, yet provide country club-style amenities without a required “equity” payment.
Public records do not yet reveal the proposed size or scope of the construction projects, however one could look to GL’s “The Canyons” on Lyons Road in Boynton as a potential for what may be the ultimate design goal — multiple beautifully landscaped communities with similar names at varied price points on the same street.
A group known as “Clint Moore West” has been placing signs in the area encouraging residents to fight expansion in the Agricultural Reserve. The land being cleared is currently agricultural land, some of which was used for farming.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High