FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: USDOJ) — Seven Miami-Dade residents have been arrested and charged by indictment with conspiracy to commit Hobbs Act robberies, Hobbs Act robberies, brandishing and discharging firearms in furtherance of crimes of violence, being a felon in possession of ammunition, and murder.
Benjamin G. Greenberg, Acting United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, and Timothy R. Langan, Acting Special Agent in Charge, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Miami Field Office, made the announcement.
Jonathan Cruz, a/k/a “Big Man,” a/k/a “Boss Man,” a/k/a “Chico Li,” 31, Eric Ortiz Melendez, a/k/a “E,” 26, Sadieu Nelus, a/k/a “Lucky,” 28, Trayvon Jabbari Thomas, a/k/a “T,” a/k/a “T-Man,” 19, Jorge Aponte Figueroa, 20, Lazaro Armando Cordovi, a/k/a “Screws,” a/k/a “Loose Screws,” 35, and David Gonzalez, a/k/a “Gano,” 20, all of Miami, were charged by a second superseding indictment with various charges related to a months-long conspiracy to commit armed robberies of pawn shops in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties, and elsewhere.
According to court records, the defendants, together with other unknown individuals, engaged in a conspiracy to commit robberies of pawn shops beginning in October of 2016 and continuing through October of 2017. Members of the conspiracy entered various pawn shops in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties, armed with firearms, and stole jewelry, at gun point, from the pawn shops’ display cases. On January 5, 2017, during one of the robberies charged in the superseding indictment, a member of the conspiracy shot and killed a patron of the pawn shop.
If members of the community have information related to the crimes charged in this indictment, they are encouraged to contact the FBI at (754) 703-2000.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- OLYMPIC HEIGHTS HIGH SCHOOL: Report Of Gas Leak Brings Fire Response
- FAU Heads To Final Four, What’s Your Florida Atlantic Story?
- Naked Woman Found Climbing Tree, Police Think Involved In Palm Beach County Murder
- More Traffic Frustration In Boca Raton Set For Sunday Night, Monday Morning
- BOCA RUDETON: Publix Again For The Dogs, Thanks To Woman At Westwinds Plaza
- TRAFFIC: Major I-95 Southbound Delays Expected Sunday
- BOIL WATER ADVISORY ISSUED FOR PART OF OUR COVERAGE AREA
- Car Fire Slows Traffic Near Seven Bridges Delray Beach
- WARNING: I-95 To Close In Boca Raton For Several Nights This Week