FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: USDOJ) — Seven Miami-Dade residents have been arrested and charged by indictment with conspiracy to commit Hobbs Act robberies, Hobbs Act robberies, brandishing and discharging firearms in furtherance of crimes of violence, being a felon in possession of ammunition, and murder.
Benjamin G. Greenberg, Acting United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, and Timothy R. Langan, Acting Special Agent in Charge, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Miami Field Office, made the announcement.
Jonathan Cruz, a/k/a “Big Man,” a/k/a “Boss Man,” a/k/a “Chico Li,” 31, Eric Ortiz Melendez, a/k/a “E,” 26, Sadieu Nelus, a/k/a “Lucky,” 28, Trayvon Jabbari Thomas, a/k/a “T,” a/k/a “T-Man,” 19, Jorge Aponte Figueroa, 20, Lazaro Armando Cordovi, a/k/a “Screws,” a/k/a “Loose Screws,” 35, and David Gonzalez, a/k/a “Gano,” 20, all of Miami, were charged by a second superseding indictment with various charges related to a months-long conspiracy to commit armed robberies of pawn shops in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties, and elsewhere.
According to court records, the defendants, together with other unknown individuals, engaged in a conspiracy to commit robberies of pawn shops beginning in October of 2016 and continuing through October of 2017. Members of the conspiracy entered various pawn shops in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties, armed with firearms, and stole jewelry, at gun point, from the pawn shops’ display cases. On January 5, 2017, during one of the robberies charged in the superseding indictment, a member of the conspiracy shot and killed a patron of the pawn shop.
If members of the community have information related to the crimes charged in this indictment, they are encouraged to contact the FBI at (754) 703-2000.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato
- Palm Beach County To DeSantis: We Make The Rules, Not You
- PUSH BACK: Florida Airports Remind Masks Still Mandatory, DeSantis Has No Authority
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School District Says Wear Masks Or Stay Home
- Boca Raton Police Charge Real Estate Agent With Harming Child