FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: USDOJ) — Seven Miami-Dade residents have been arrested and charged by indictment with conspiracy to commit Hobbs Act robberies, Hobbs Act robberies, brandishing and discharging firearms in furtherance of crimes of violence, being a felon in possession of ammunition, and murder.
Benjamin G. Greenberg, Acting United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, and Timothy R. Langan, Acting Special Agent in Charge, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Miami Field Office, made the announcement.
Jonathan Cruz, a/k/a “Big Man,” a/k/a “Boss Man,” a/k/a “Chico Li,” 31, Eric Ortiz Melendez, a/k/a “E,” 26, Sadieu Nelus, a/k/a “Lucky,” 28, Trayvon Jabbari Thomas, a/k/a “T,” a/k/a “T-Man,” 19, Jorge Aponte Figueroa, 20, Lazaro Armando Cordovi, a/k/a “Screws,” a/k/a “Loose Screws,” 35, and David Gonzalez, a/k/a “Gano,” 20, all of Miami, were charged by a second superseding indictment with various charges related to a months-long conspiracy to commit armed robberies of pawn shops in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties, and elsewhere.
According to court records, the defendants, together with other unknown individuals, engaged in a conspiracy to commit robberies of pawn shops beginning in October of 2016 and continuing through October of 2017. Members of the conspiracy entered various pawn shops in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties, armed with firearms, and stole jewelry, at gun point, from the pawn shops’ display cases. On January 5, 2017, during one of the robberies charged in the superseding indictment, a member of the conspiracy shot and killed a patron of the pawn shop.
If members of the community have information related to the crimes charged in this indictment, they are encouraged to contact the FBI at (754) 703-2000.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In
- BOXED: Some Children Boxed In Boca Schools, Others Roam Freely During COVID
- VERY BAD: COVID Positivity Jumps In Palm Beach County, Deaths, Infections Up Statewide
- FAU High School Celebrates 34 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists
- Palm Beach County School District Employees Infected With COVID-19
- BOCA RATON HIGH SCHOOL: Social Distancing Disaster