BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: USDOJ) — A Boynton Beach resident was sentenced to 20 years in prison, followed by lifetime of supervised release for sex trafficking of a minor and producing child pornography.
Benjamin G. Greenberg, Acting United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, Mark Selby, Special Agent in Charge, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations (ICE-HSI), and Jeffrey S. Katz, Chief, Boynton Beach Police Department (BBPD), made the announcement.
Marco Vinicio Orrego, 31, of Boynton Beach, Florida, previously pled guilty to committing sex trafficking of a minor, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1591(a), and production of child pornography, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 2251(a) and (e) (Case No. 17-CR-80097-Middlebrooks).
According to court records, from May 3 through May 5, 2017, Orrego prostituted a sixteen-year-old girl using Backpage.com. He provided her with transportation and a hotel for these illicit activities, taking all of the proceeds for himself. Additionally, Orrego had sex with the minor during that same period and created videos of the sexual abuse.
This case was brought as part of Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative to combat the growing epidemic of child sexual exploitation and abuse, launched in May 2006 by the Department of Justice. Led by U.S. Attorneys’ Offices and the Criminal Division’s Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section (CEOS), Project Safe Childhood marshals federal, state and local resources to better locate, apprehend and prosecute individuals who exploit children via the Internet, as well as to identify and rescue victims. For more information about Project Safe Childhood, please visit www.projectsafechildhood.gov.
Mr. Greenberg commended the investigation efforts of ICE-HSI and the Boynton Beach Police Department. This case is being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Gregory Schiller.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender