DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is investigating what deputies are calling a “road rage” incident near Golden Gate Avenue and Lyons Road in West Delray — just outside the entrance to “The Bridges.”
PBSO says the incident occurred at the intersection, then proceeded to Clint Moore and Lyons where a deputy executed a traffic stop. The State’s Attorney’s office is now deciding whether or not to prosecute. The incident occurred mid-day Wednesday.
“Deputies responded to Lyons Road and Clint Moore Road regarding a road rage altercation. Deputies learned that two males had a verbal altercation at a traffic light at Lyons Road and Golden Gate Ave where one male threw a pen striking the other. When speaking with both males they admitted to the verbal altercation but not to throwing the pen. Statements were taken by both males and will be followed up with the State Attorney’s Office.”
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Hurricane Season Starts This Week, Several Waves Being Watched
- Man Tries To Kill Self On Florida Turnpike, Flips Car, Runs In Front Of Truck
- Major Crash Closes I-595 Access To Fort Lauderdale Airport, Tanker Overturns
- Man Left Gun Unattended That Two Year Old Used To Shoot Self, According To Cops
- PLANE CRASH: Victims Identified In Palm Beach County Crash As Young Woman, Older Man
- Dog In Boca Raton Movie Theater And Publix, Why Is This Allowed?
- Florida Tax Free Holiday Underway For Disaster Goods
- Toddler Shot, Killed In North Broward County
- Boca Raton Resident, Magazine Publisher Charged With Child Solicitation, Molestation