DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is investigating what deputies are calling a “road rage” incident near Golden Gate Avenue and Lyons Road in West Delray — just outside the entrance to “The Bridges.”
PBSO says the incident occurred at the intersection, then proceeded to Clint Moore and Lyons where a deputy executed a traffic stop. The State’s Attorney’s office is now deciding whether or not to prosecute. The incident occurred mid-day Wednesday.
“Deputies responded to Lyons Road and Clint Moore Road regarding a road rage altercation. Deputies learned that two males had a verbal altercation at a traffic light at Lyons Road and Golden Gate Ave where one male threw a pen striking the other. When speaking with both males they admitted to the verbal altercation but not to throwing the pen. Statements were taken by both males and will be followed up with the State Attorney’s Office.”
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain