FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you are heading to Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL), prepare to risk your life if you are planning to walk from the parking garage at Terminal 2 (Delta) to the actual airport. Airport management, inexplicably, has again closed the pedestrian bridge that connects the parking garage to the terminal, forcing travelers with bags and the handicapped in wheelchairs to play a dangerous game of “Frogger” trying to cross the main driveway. Police — which had been assisting with traffic control — have been replaced by seemingly ineffective security guards.
An airport spokesman did not respond to a request for information Tuesday morning.
Signs at the airport leading to the sky bridge are directing travelers to walk outside from terminal 2 to terminal 3 to access the top level of the garage. The main staircase is blocked. There was no advanced warning or signage for travelers departing FLL in the past 48 hours.
The pedestrian bridge was closed for nearly two years before reopening in the fall. Why the airport would close it again at the onset of a predicted record travel season is representative of what appears to be the airport’s ongoing construction management issues.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates