FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you are heading to Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL), prepare to risk your life if you are planning to walk from the parking garage at Terminal 2 (Delta) to the actual airport. Airport management, inexplicably, has again closed the pedestrian bridge that connects the parking garage to the terminal, forcing travelers with bags and the handicapped in wheelchairs to play a dangerous game of “Frogger” trying to cross the main driveway. Police — which had been assisting with traffic control — have been replaced by seemingly ineffective security guards.
An airport spokesman did not respond to a request for information Tuesday morning.
Signs at the airport leading to the sky bridge are directing travelers to walk outside from terminal 2 to terminal 3 to access the top level of the garage. The main staircase is blocked. There was no advanced warning or signage for travelers departing FLL in the past 48 hours.
The pedestrian bridge was closed for nearly two years before reopening in the fall. Why the airport would close it again at the onset of a predicted record travel season is representative of what appears to be the airport’s ongoing construction management issues.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEATHTOBER FLORIDA: State, Palm Beach County COVID Deaths, Infections Climbing Again
- UPDATE: Parents MUST Choose Distance or In-Person Within Days For PBC Schools
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Heavy Rain For Days, Flood Watch Through Sunday
- TRAFFIC: Palm Beach County Projects Slow The Go, See Them All Here
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom