BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A public service announcement on this New Year’s Eve to folks unfamiliar with laws and ordinances in Palm Beach County — especially New Yorkers and New Jersey visitors and transplants.
Fireworks are illegal in Palm Beach County.
When the clock strikes midnight, setting off fireworks isn’t only idiotic and annoying to all around you, but it’s also illegal. On the off chance you don’t blow off a finger, an arm, maim your face or create another ever-lasting memory of your stupidity as 2018 begins, there is likelihood that you’ll be issued a ticket — or maybe even jailed — if a deputy happens to be in the area when you decide to ignite
yourself a firework.
This of course doesn’t apply to sparkers and similar party type fireworks, but anything that shoots off of the ground is a no-go in Palm Beach County.
If you’re drinking tonight and igniting explosives, we suggest counting your fingers an toes before you take a sip — then write down the number. It’s a great way to know tomorrow morning if you did in fact lose a limb or a digit.
Happy New Year! Don’t be stupid!
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender