BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A public service announcement on this New Year’s Eve to folks unfamiliar with laws and ordinances in Palm Beach County — especially New Yorkers and New Jersey visitors and transplants.
Fireworks are illegal in Palm Beach County.
When the clock strikes midnight, setting off fireworks isn’t only idiotic and annoying to all around you, but it’s also illegal. On the off chance you don’t blow off a finger, an arm, maim your face or create another ever-lasting memory of your stupidity as 2018 begins, there is likelihood that you’ll be issued a ticket — or maybe even jailed — if a deputy happens to be in the area when you decide to ignite
yourself a firework.
This of course doesn’t apply to sparkers and similar party type fireworks, but anything that shoots off of the ground is a no-go in Palm Beach County.
If you’re drinking tonight and igniting explosives, we suggest counting your fingers an toes before you take a sip — then write down the number. It’s a great way to know tomorrow morning if you did in fact lose a limb or a digit.
Happy New Year! Don’t be stupid!
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FSA Testing Brings COVID-19 Increase In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Resident Gregg Fredman Jailed For Child Abuse
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month