WEST PALM BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County) — The National Weather Service predicts a temperature of 40°F or a wind chill lower than 35°F for at least four hours in Palm Beach County. In order to protect those seeking refuge from the cold during the overnight period, the Palm Beach County Department of Public Safety, Division of Emergency Management, activated the Cold Weather Emergency Shelter Plan for all of Palm Beach County.
The following cold weather emergency shelter locations will be open beginning at 7:00 PM, Thursday, 1/4/2018; and will close as necessary based on weather conditions as outlined in the Cold Weather Shelter Plan.
Westgate Community Center
3691 Oswego Ave.
West Palm Beach
West County Senior Center
2916 State Rd. #15
Transportation to shelters will be via Palm Tran at designated pick up locations. Transportation information can be obtained by contacting:
• Palm Beach County Crisis Line
Dial 211 or toll free at (866) 882-2991
• Palm Beach County Division of Emergency Management
(561) 712-6400 or (561) 712-6428
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW