WEST PALM BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County) — The National Weather Service predicts a temperature of 40°F or a wind chill lower than 35°F for at least four hours in Palm Beach County. In order to protect those seeking refuge from the cold during the overnight period, the Palm Beach County Department of Public Safety, Division of Emergency Management, activated the Cold Weather Emergency Shelter Plan for all of Palm Beach County.
The following cold weather emergency shelter locations will be open beginning at 7:00 PM, Thursday, 1/4/2018; and will close as necessary based on weather conditions as outlined in the Cold Weather Shelter Plan.
Westgate Community Center
3691 Oswego Ave.
West Palm Beach
West County Senior Center
2916 State Rd. #15
Transportation to shelters will be via Palm Tran at designated pick up locations. Transportation information can be obtained by contacting:
• Palm Beach County Crisis Line
Dial 211 or toll free at (866) 882-2991
• Palm Beach County Division of Emergency Management
(561) 712-6400 or (561) 712-6428
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Eric Holtz Commits Suicide As His Boca Raton Firm Faces Fraud Suits
- TERROR ON THE HIGHWAY: Shooting On I-95 In Boynton Beach, One Dead
- IT’S ALIVE! Tropical Depression Two Forms In Atlantic
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Enhanced DUI
- BUSY: Hurricane Center Watching Two Systems
- Major Delays At Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Sugar Sand Park Playground In Boca Raton To Close
- If Boca Raton’s Ricardo Ogorman Is Your Pot Dealer, Note He’s In Jail