BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Take a breath and laugh if you receive a recorded message — from a computer voice that sounds like Siri is drunk — telling you that you have a tax problem and the “local cops” are coming to arrest you.
The latest version of the scam that has been plaguing folks nationally — and certainly right here in Boca — continues with a recording that is comical due to its poor grasp of English and use of non-IRS-type words like “cops” and “headquarters.”
Here’s the transcript of a message hitting cellphones throughout Boca, Delray and Boynton Beach today:
“We have just received a notification regarding your tax filings from the headquarters which will get expired in the next 24 working hours and once it get expired after that you will be taken under custody by the local cops as there are four serious allegations pressed on your name at this moment.”
This is not a mistype. This is an actual transcript of the message.
The number to call? 714-705-9184 which is a number in Anaheim, CA but appears on some phone caller ID’s as Burbank, CA. To the best of our knowledge, the IRS has not moved from DC to Burbank.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates