BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boynton Beach Police Dept.) — On Tuesday, a man tried to lure a 13-year-old girl into his truck after she got off the school bus at the intersection of Chapel Hill Drive and Fernwood Drive. It was around 4:40 p.m., and she was waiting for her step-dad to pick her up when a newer model black pick-up truck with a 4×4 emblem on the side pulled up alongside her. The black male driver rolled down the window and said, “How much will I get for $200.” She responded by saying she was 13 years old and that she didn’t know him. He said that it didn’t matter and told her to get inside the truck. He said this several times, and at one point took off his seat belt and began to open the driver’s side door. That’s when this smart teen started to reach into her backpack and said she was calling the police. The man then quickly drove away. He is described as a black male with an Afro, clean shaven, wearing a black shirt and sunglasses and appears to be in his mid-30’s.
We are urging parents to talk about this incident with their children and devise a plan for what they should do if approached by a stranger in a vehicle. Talk to them about looking for descriptive stickers or items on the car; possibly memorizing the license plate or a few of the letters/numbers; if they have a phone, tell them to immediately call 911 and run away.
If you live in a neighborhood where there is a bus stop and children congregate, please always be on the look-out for suspicious vehicles and report them to us. We need you to be our extra eyes and ears.
Anyone with information about the vehicle or man described in this incident is urged to contact us at 561-732-8116. Thank you for taking the time to read this and please share it with everyone you know.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose