COCONUT CREEK, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — With its roots planted firmly in the Philadelphia suburbs, BocaNewsNow.com is all about the Eagles today. If you are a Philly native living in South Florida, longing for a real Philadelphia soft pretzel to go with your game day activities, know this: the brand new Wawa on 441 just south of the Palm Beach County line has the same soft pretzels you’d get at Wawa in Delaware County. Or the City of Philadelphia. Or the ‘Burbs.
They are roughly $.75 each or $1.45 for two. Significantly less than flying to Philadelphia and buying them at the airport.
Sadly, they do comply with Pennsylvania legislation requiring the calorie count to be emblazoned on the exterior wrapping. Yes, gone are the days of a pretzel in a brown paper bag.
Know this: our supply report is accurate as of a 5:45 a.m. visit to Wawa during which BocaNewsNow.com purchased quite a few (it turns out you can freeze them). There were definitely some left when we left, but we make no promises.
For those unfamiliar with Wawa: it’s a Philadelphia-based convenience store chain in the midst of a massive expansion. The store is known for its Hoagies which are subs, but better.
Wawa: 7705 N State Road 7, Coconut Creek.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- VIDEO: No Masks At “One11 Boca Raton” Nightclub Party
- COVID FLORIDA: 3,361 New Infections Logged, Palm Beach County Positivity Passes 6 Percent
- UPDATE: West Delray Woman Offered To Sell Special Services To Cop
- PSAT At Spanish River High: Parents, Staffers Fear Super-Spreader Event
- Parents Sending Sick Kids To School In Palm Beach County
- Zeta To Become Hurricane, Still On Gulf Coast Track
- COVID-19: Palm Beach County Positivity Rate Jumps
- Boca’s Anthony Centolella Charged With Grand Theft, Escape
- TROPICAL STORM ZETA: Heavy Rains South Florida, Possible Gulf Coast Strike