BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Never mind that it’s a federal holiday, Palm Beach County Schools are open on Monday, February 19th. To answer emails we’ve received in the BocaNewsNow.com newsroom, it turns out the school day has nothing to do with hurricane makeup days — the school district had never scheduled President’s day as a day off this year.
Broward County schools, however, are closed.
Inexplicably, Friday, February 16th, is a teacher in-service day in Palm Beach County. Schools will be closed then. (Fun activity: count cars in the teacher parking lots on “in-service days.” Even more fun: take a photo and send it to us).
If you are keeping score at home, note that President’s day was a school holiday in 2016, 2015 and 2014.
While schools are open, Palm Beach County offices are closed on President’s day, as are federal offices and most banks.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Man Charged With Ordering Drugs Online, Nabbed By Postal Inspector
- Boynton Beach Woman Missing, Police Seek Help
- Local Man Wins $1M In Florida Lottery
- Doctor’s “Wrinkled” Hand On Private Part Tipped Girl That He Wasn’t A Teen
- Receive A Text About Real Estate Today? Ignore It
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Not Dropping
- Outrageous Agents: Boca Realtor Charged With Cocaine Possession
- Clint Moore Road Bridge To Close For Year
- Football, Lacrosse Students Quarantined At Boca Raton Community High School