BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Never mind that it’s a federal holiday, Palm Beach County Schools are open on Monday, February 19th. To answer emails we’ve received in the BocaNewsNow.com newsroom, it turns out the school day has nothing to do with hurricane makeup days — the school district had never scheduled President’s day as a day off this year.
Broward County schools, however, are closed.
Inexplicably, Friday, February 16th, is a teacher in-service day in Palm Beach County. Schools will be closed then. (Fun activity: count cars in the teacher parking lots on “in-service days.” Even more fun: take a photo and send it to us).
If you are keeping score at home, note that President’s day was a school holiday in 2016, 2015 and 2014.
While schools are open, Palm Beach County offices are closed on President’s day, as are federal offices and most banks.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- GUILTY! Local FSU Student Convicted Of Federal Fraud, Conspiracy
- Masks Again On Agenda For Palm Beach County School Board
- POLICE: Driver Drives On Sidewalk, Kills Local Man, Hits Five Cars
- Fatal Crash In Gleneagles Country Club, Pedestrian Struck In Front Of Home
- Child Neglect, Hit and Run Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Reminder: Masks Still Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- Biergarten Boca Raton Sued, Drunk Dancer Falls On Woman
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Florida’s Turnpike To Close
- Heading To Disney World? No Masks Outside, Still Required Inside