BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boynton Beach Police say Lisa Barreca “showed no signs of remorse” after shooting her husband multiple times in the head in their home on Aspen Leaf Drive in Boynton Beach.
We will post Lisa Barreca’s mugshot once it is processed.
Here is the text of the probable cause affidavit, provided by Boynton Beach Police. We are redacting the victim’s name for now and correcting spelling errors in the police report.
“Upon arrival Boynton Beach Police Department officers found (the victim) with multiple gunshot wounds throughout his body. The victim’s wife, Lisa Barreca, 10/30/1964, was found in the garage of the residence with a non-life threatening gunshot wound to her right thigh. Post Miranda warnings (the victim) advised that he got into an argument with Lisa in the kitchen of the residence over HOA complaints. He stated that the argument escalated and he followed Lisa to the garage where she retrieved her firearm from her car. He advised that he slapped and pushed Lisa who then shot him multiple times. He had gunshot wounds to his head, both of his arms, his right leg and back. I then spoke to Lisa post Miranda Warnings who advised she was in fear and involved her right to legal counsel. Lisa Barreca showed no signs of emotion or remorse for (her husband’s) injuries and did not ask about his welfare. Lisa Barreca stated that she just wants to get home to her dog. Let it be noted that at no time did Lisa attempt to call 911 or administer medical treatment to (her husband). Let it also be noted that (her husband) was shot in the back indicative of fleeing not attacking. A 380 Ruger handgun was recovered on scene with seven spent shell casings. There was a large pool of blood inside the house in front of the family room. (The victim) advised that the gun is his wife’s but registered in his name. He advised that this kind of situation has never happened before. There are security cameras around the home and we are in the process of retrieving the video from the security company. Due to the totality of events Probable Cause exists for the arrest of Lisa Barreca 10/30/1964 for Attempted Murder FSS 782.051.”
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In
- BOXED: Some Children Boxed In Boca Schools, Others Roam Freely During COVID
- VERY BAD: COVID Positivity Jumps In Palm Beach County, Deaths, Infections Up Statewide
- FAU High School Celebrates 34 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists
- Palm Beach County School District Employees Infected With COVID-19