BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District — merely a few miles from the scene of the mass shooting in Parkland — is increasing the police at schools throughout the county effective immediately.
From School Superintendent Robert Avossa:
By now, many of you have heard about the devastating news out of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Broward County. Between traditional media and social media, there are many disturbing images that are beginning to appear from our neighboring county.
Our thoughts are with the students, teachers and staff at the high school, and with everyone in Broward County. These are our friends and our neighbors, and we will do whatever we can to help them at this difficult time.
As students start to hear news of these events, it is important that we all do what we can to make that they feel safe and secure in their home, in their community, and of course in their schools. We’re working with our local police agencies as well as our own School Police department, to have an presence in our schools for the days and weeks ahead.
If your children have questions about what they’ve seen and heard, we have resources posted on our website. Please visit http://www.palmbeachschools.org for more information.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector