BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District — merely a few miles from the scene of the mass shooting in Parkland — is increasing the police at schools throughout the county effective immediately.
From School Superintendent Robert Avossa:
By now, many of you have heard about the devastating news out of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Broward County. Between traditional media and social media, there are many disturbing images that are beginning to appear from our neighboring county.
Our thoughts are with the students, teachers and staff at the high school, and with everyone in Broward County. These are our friends and our neighbors, and we will do whatever we can to help them at this difficult time.
As students start to hear news of these events, it is important that we all do what we can to make that they feel safe and secure in their home, in their community, and of course in their schools. We’re working with our local police agencies as well as our own School Police department, to have an presence in our schools for the days and weeks ahead.
If your children have questions about what they’ve seen and heard, we have resources posted on our website. Please visit http://www.palmbeachschools.org for more information.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive