BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County School Police officers are dealing with a significant number of school threats posted to social media.
In a robo-call to parents throughout Palm Beach County Monday night, a school police official is pleading with parents to watch what their kids are posting to social media, warning that any threat to a school will be investigated and that action will be taken against posters.
While even a Palm Beach County School District third grader will tell you this may create a first amendment issue for police and prosecutors, the point is valid: students posting threats just to get attention are taking limited resources away from legitimate investigations.
The underlying message: if you know of a legitimate threat, call the police. If you’re just trying to get attention, find another way that harms no one, doesn’t involve law enforcement, and won’t scare an already edgy South Florida.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop