BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County School Police officers are dealing with a significant number of school threats posted to social media.
In a robo-call to parents throughout Palm Beach County Monday night, a school police official is pleading with parents to watch what their kids are posting to social media, warning that any threat to a school will be investigated and that action will be taken against posters.
While even a Palm Beach County School District third grader will tell you this may create a first amendment issue for police and prosecutors, the point is valid: students posting threats just to get attention are taking limited resources away from legitimate investigations.
The underlying message: if you know of a legitimate threat, call the police. If you’re just trying to get attention, find another way that harms no one, doesn’t involve law enforcement, and won’t scare an already edgy South Florida.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony
- SIRENS: Traumatic Injury At West Boca High, Dead In Valencia, Overheating At Delray Tennis Center
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Mother, Wrongly Claims She Won’t Be Arrested
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School Threat Ongoing, Yet Nothing, All At The Same Time
- LAWSUIT: Paver Company Steamrolled Local Homeowner During Pool Renovation
- SIRENS: Choking In Boca, Suicide Attempt At Target, Trauma At A Country Club