BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: BSO) — A sixth-grader who threatened to kill students at a Lauderdale Lakes school has been arrested and faces a felony charge of intimidation.
Around 8:30 p.m. on President’s Day, the 13-year-old girl posted a threat on Instagram that students at Central Charter School would be killed this week. She gave two dates: Feb. 20 or Feb. 22.
Broward Sheriff’s Office Violent Crimes Unit immediately investigated the threatening message. On Feb. 20, the girl told deputies that the post was done in jest. However, her parents were concerned enough to keep their daughter home from school for the day not knowing at the time that she made the threat.
BSO encourages everyone to continue reporting any suspected threats by calling 954-764-HELP (4357) or Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477). Threats will be thoroughly investigated. Anyone found in violation of the law will be prosecuted to the fullest extent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School