BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: BSO) — A sixth-grader who threatened to kill students at a Lauderdale Lakes school has been arrested and faces a felony charge of intimidation.
Around 8:30 p.m. on President’s Day, the 13-year-old girl posted a threat on Instagram that students at Central Charter School would be killed this week. She gave two dates: Feb. 20 or Feb. 22.
Broward Sheriff’s Office Violent Crimes Unit immediately investigated the threatening message. On Feb. 20, the girl told deputies that the post was done in jest. However, her parents were concerned enough to keep their daughter home from school for the day not knowing at the time that she made the threat.
BSO encourages everyone to continue reporting any suspected threats by calling 954-764-HELP (4357) or Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477). Threats will be thoroughly investigated. Anyone found in violation of the law will be prosecuted to the fullest extent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- GUILTY! Local FSU Student Convicted Of Federal Fraud, Conspiracy
- Masks Again On Agenda For Palm Beach County School Board
- POLICE: Driver Drives On Sidewalk, Kills Local Man, Hits Five Cars
- Fatal Crash In Gleneagles Country Club, Pedestrian Struck In Front Of Home
- Child Neglect, Hit and Run Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Reminder: Masks Still Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- Biergarten Boca Raton Sued, Drunk Dancer Falls On Woman
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Florida’s Turnpike To Close
- Heading To Disney World? No Masks Outside, Still Required Inside