BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boynton Beach Police) — Boynton Beach Police today arrested a 14-year-old boy who threatened to shoot up the school he attends. Officers responded to the SouthTech Preparatory Academy, 1325 Gateway Blvd., at 9:37 a.m., and were told that the student told two other students via FaceTime that he was going to shoot up the school.
During these FaceTime conversations, he showed the other students what appeared to be two different firearms.
SouthTech Preparatory Academy, and the nearby Bright Horizons at Boynton Beach preschool, were placed on lockdown while officers located the student, who did not come to school today.
Officers found the student inside his Boynton Beach home at about 10:30 a.m.
Detectives obtained a consent to search the home and recovered an air rifle and air pistol. No actual weapons were found in the home.
The teen was charged with disrupting a school function.
The Boynton Beach Police Department takes seriously any threat made against the safety of students and schools in the City of Boynton Beach, and will vigorously investigate such claims.
We urge students and their parents to remain vigilant and continue providing law enforcement with information about potential threats.
We encourage everyone to download our free MyPD app, which can be used to anonymously send crime tips in real time. If you see something, say something.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Woman Visiting From Saudi Arabia Charged With Shoplifting At Macy’s
- Sober Homes Operate In High End Delray Beach, Boca Raton Communities
- CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments In South Florida Right Now
- Delray’s Carolyn Gulino Jailed On Enhanced DUI Charge
- Chevy Silverado Step Collapses, Driver Sues Schumacher Automotive
- Florida’s COVID Numbers Are Not Getting Better
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge