BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boynton Beach Police) — Boynton Beach Police today arrested a 14-year-old boy who threatened to shoot up the school he attends. Officers responded to the SouthTech Preparatory Academy, 1325 Gateway Blvd., at 9:37 a.m., and were told that the student told two other students via FaceTime that he was going to shoot up the school.
During these FaceTime conversations, he showed the other students what appeared to be two different firearms.
SouthTech Preparatory Academy, and the nearby Bright Horizons at Boynton Beach preschool, were placed on lockdown while officers located the student, who did not come to school today.
Officers found the student inside his Boynton Beach home at about 10:30 a.m.
Detectives obtained a consent to search the home and recovered an air rifle and air pistol. No actual weapons were found in the home.
The teen was charged with disrupting a school function.
The Boynton Beach Police Department takes seriously any threat made against the safety of students and schools in the City of Boynton Beach, and will vigorously investigate such claims.
We urge students and their parents to remain vigilant and continue providing law enforcement with information about potential threats.
We encourage everyone to download our free MyPD app, which can be used to anonymously send crime tips in real time. If you see something, say something.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Heavy Rain For Days, Flood Watch Through Sunday
- TRAFFIC: Palm Beach County Projects Slow The Go, See Them All Here
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections
- COVID: Lynn University Continues “Block” Scheduling Through Spring