BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is pleading with the public to stay away from the wrong Scott Peterson’s home. Scot Peterson (note, one “t”, not two) is the BSO deputy who the agency says did not enter Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School as the gunman killed 17 people inside. He, according to public records, lives on Brighton Lakes Blvd. in unincorporated Boynton Beach. Now that he has resigned from the Broward Sheriff’s Office, his information is no longer protected under public records laws.
The Scott Peterson being sought out lives in the 8700 block of Indian River Run in Boynton. He’s the wrong guy. Police are urging you to leave him alone. He has nothing to do with the school shooting.
Here is former BSO Deputy Scot Peterson.
ED NOTE: We have never, in decades of covering police locally for news organizations and nationally, ever seen law enforcement distance itself from an officer/deputy as quickly as in this case. Local municipalities are issuing press releases today reminding the media to accurately report Peterson’s city/town/jurisdiction of residence.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Woman Visiting From Saudi Arabia Charged With Shoplifting At Macy’s
- Sober Homes Operate In High End Delray Beach, Boca Raton Communities
- CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments In South Florida Right Now
- Delray’s Carolyn Gulino Jailed On Enhanced DUI Charge
- Chevy Silverado Step Collapses, Driver Sues Schumacher Automotive
- Florida’s COVID Numbers Are Not Getting Better
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge