BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is pleading with the public to stay away from the wrong Scott Peterson’s home. Scot Peterson (note, one “t”, not two) is the BSO deputy who the agency says did not enter Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School as the gunman killed 17 people inside. He, according to public records, lives on Brighton Lakes Blvd. in unincorporated Boynton Beach. Now that he has resigned from the Broward Sheriff’s Office, his information is no longer protected under public records laws.
The Scott Peterson being sought out lives in the 8700 block of Indian River Run in Boynton. He’s the wrong guy. Police are urging you to leave him alone. He has nothing to do with the school shooting.
Here is former BSO Deputy Scot Peterson.
ED NOTE: We have never, in decades of covering police locally for news organizations and nationally, ever seen law enforcement distance itself from an officer/deputy as quickly as in this case. Local municipalities are issuing press releases today reminding the media to accurately report Peterson’s city/town/jurisdiction of residence.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections
- COVID: Lynn University Continues “Block” Scheduling Through Spring
- COVID: Palm Beach School Board Member Calls For More Transparency
- COVID: Palm Beach County Schools Report More Cases, But No Outbreak