BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is pleading with the public to stay away from the wrong Scott Peterson’s home. Scot Peterson (note, one “t”, not two) is the BSO deputy who the agency says did not enter Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School as the gunman killed 17 people inside. He, according to public records, lives on Brighton Lakes Blvd. in unincorporated Boynton Beach. Now that he has resigned from the Broward Sheriff’s Office, his information is no longer protected under public records laws.
The Scott Peterson being sought out lives in the 8700 block of Indian River Run in Boynton. He’s the wrong guy. Police are urging you to leave him alone. He has nothing to do with the school shooting.
Here is former BSO Deputy Scot Peterson.
ED NOTE: We have never, in decades of covering police locally for news organizations and nationally, ever seen law enforcement distance itself from an officer/deputy as quickly as in this case. Local municipalities are issuing press releases today reminding the media to accurately report Peterson’s city/town/jurisdiction of residence.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles
- Another 66 Die From COVID In Florida As Palm Beach Schools Report 10,538 Cases
- UPDATE: Jeffrey Goolst Allegedly Held Gun To Head Of Home Healthcare Aide
- Home Sale Prices Skyrocketing In Boca Raton, Delray Beach