COCONUT CREEK, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal accident that claimed the life of Matthew D. Martinez, 31, of Coconut Creek. The wreck happened Tuesday evening on the Sawgrass Expressway in the area of Commercial Blvd.
According to the FHP incident report:
“(Martinez) was traveling northbound on State Road 869 (Sawgrass Expressway) in an undetermined lane, just north of State Road 870 (Commercial Blvd). Driver 1 (Martinez) lost control of his vehicle, causing Vehicle 1 (2003 Honda S2000) to travel off the roadway to the right and through the grassy ditch. Vehicle 1 collided with a fence located not he east grass holder before overturning. Vehicle 1 came to final rest on its roof facing northbound on the east grass holder int he ditch. Driver 1 was later pronounced deceased at Broward Hospital. The cause of the crash remains under investigation.”
Here is a link to the GoFundMe campaign seeking $30,000.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High