COCONUT CREEK, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal accident that claimed the life of Matthew D. Martinez, 31, of Coconut Creek. The wreck happened Tuesday evening on the Sawgrass Expressway in the area of Commercial Blvd.
According to the FHP incident report:
“(Martinez) was traveling northbound on State Road 869 (Sawgrass Expressway) in an undetermined lane, just north of State Road 870 (Commercial Blvd). Driver 1 (Martinez) lost control of his vehicle, causing Vehicle 1 (2003 Honda S2000) to travel off the roadway to the right and through the grassy ditch. Vehicle 1 collided with a fence located not he east grass holder before overturning. Vehicle 1 came to final rest on its roof facing northbound on the east grass holder int he ditch. Driver 1 was later pronounced deceased at Broward Hospital. The cause of the crash remains under investigation.”
Here is a link to the GoFundMe campaign seeking $30,000.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach