COCONUT CREEK, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal accident that claimed the life of Matthew D. Martinez, 31, of Coconut Creek. The wreck happened Tuesday evening on the Sawgrass Expressway in the area of Commercial Blvd.
According to the FHP incident report:
“(Martinez) was traveling northbound on State Road 869 (Sawgrass Expressway) in an undetermined lane, just north of State Road 870 (Commercial Blvd). Driver 1 (Martinez) lost control of his vehicle, causing Vehicle 1 (2003 Honda S2000) to travel off the roadway to the right and through the grassy ditch. Vehicle 1 collided with a fence located not he east grass holder before overturning. Vehicle 1 came to final rest on its roof facing northbound on the east grass holder int he ditch. Driver 1 was later pronounced deceased at Broward Hospital. The cause of the crash remains under investigation.”
Here is a link to the GoFundMe campaign seeking $30,000.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton’s Neil Goldman Killed In Bicycle Crash On Lyons Road
- Palm Beach County Schools Paid Full Price For Massive Chromebook Order
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge
- Suspended License? Palm Beach County Waives Fees For One Week
- Nearly 3000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools