BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boca Raton PD Media Advisory) — Earlier this week, the City of Boca Raton terminated the employment of Police Sergeant Jeremy Codling. Based on a complaint from another City employee, a thorough investigation was initiated and later revealed racially offensive comments and other misconduct which occurred during the course of the internal investigation.
The City and the Police Services Department have set high standards for our law enforcement officers, and we work hard to attract and retain the very best employees. We have no tolerance for offensive or derogatory comments, including those of a racial nature. We will remain committed to an environment free of any form of harassment.
The City and the Police Services Department recognize that our effectiveness in community policing is based on trust. In addition to maintaining formal and informal discussions with the diverse groups within our City, all officers in the Police Services Department have completed training in Fair and Impartial Policing. This employment action demonstrates the City’s commitment to address any conduct which might undermine the confidence of the people we serve.
In the interest of openness and transparency, the Police Services Department is making available a copy of the completed investigation and supporting documentation. However, because this matter is an ongoing personnel issue, the City and the Police Services Department will not be offering further comments at this time.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- OMNI MIDDLE BOCA: Overflow Rooms In Use, Shortage Of Supplies Already
- FLORIDA COVID: State Passes 13,000 Deaths, Infections Rising Again
- Palm Beach Schools: Constant Hand Washing, Masking, When Is Learning Time?
- Serious DUI Charge For Andrea Kruse of West Boca Raton
- Police Jail Delray Beach Man On Battery, Resisting Charges
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Stalking, Intimidation
- Boca Raton Area School Principals Being Praised For Early COVID Plans
- Boca Teacher Says Parents Are Huge Problem For Virtual Education
- FHP Releases Name Of Trooper Involved In Delray Beach Shooting