BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We won’t list the organizations or the specific speakers, but there are two major charitable events gearing up in South Palm Beach County featuring members of the “Real Housewives of New York.”
In our view, this is a pathetic representation of what excites Boca Raton residents, and plays into a stereotype about Boca held by much of the country.
The Real Housewives — whether for TV or in real life — are portrayed as arrogant, self-absorbed women who have fits, drive Tesla’s, wear Lulu Lemon spandex all day, occasionally toss furniture and just aren’t that bright — not taking into account that many have done quite well for themselves marketing the personas created on TV.
They are famous because they are on TV, they’re not on TV because they’re famous.
Conversely, Boca’s FAU continues to grow its profile nationally with intelligent speakers like the Washington Post’s Eugene Robinson, medical experts, Holocaust survivors, and the never ending list of political experts often never further away than a short drive to Mar-a-Lago
So why is it that organizations in Boca attempting to raise money must resort to the lowest common denominator in an effort to attract attention?
Reality show speakers are an embarrassment and do nothing but perpetuate the belief that Boca is all flash over substance.
Here’s our message to any organization looking to raise money in South Palm Beach County: there’s nothing real interesting about the Real Housewives, unless you believe that those in the audience don’t have the intellect to sit through an hour of someone of substance offering something of value. You can do better. Boca is better.
Sure, you may lose out on the spandex wearing crowd fighting for spaces to charge their Tesla’s during lunch, but you just may appeal to a smarter, higher-brow audience able to offer not just financial support, but intellectual support as well.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato
- Palm Beach County To DeSantis: We Make The Rules, Not You
- PUSH BACK: Florida Airports Remind Masks Still Mandatory, DeSantis Has No Authority
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School District Says Wear Masks Or Stay Home
- Boca Raton Police Charge Real Estate Agent With Harming Child