DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — PBSO has arrested three juveniles allegedly tied to a massive number of car thefts and burglaries in West Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton and nearby areas. The thieves targeted homes left unlocked, high-end cars left unlocked with keyfobs in the front seat, and other crimes of opportunity — often in gated communities where security proved ineffective.
On March 10, 2018, our task force, along with PBSO helicopter and the Broward County Sheriff’s Office Burglary Apprehension Team, conducted a surveillance operation on suspects that have been linked to at least Forty-Six (46) High End Auto Thefts out of East Boca Raton, Wellington, West Delray, and West Boca Raton.
While in the community of Saturnia (West Boca Raton), the subjects committed an occupied residential burglary by entering the victim’s garage and attempted to steal their Jaguar SUV. They then left that residence and attempted to steal a Porsche Cayenne and BMW 5 series both at different locations within the community. The community was locked down and all three subjects fled on foot and into the everglades. The helicopter followed the suspects which led the Canine Unit and Task Force Agents to a canal bank where they were taken into custody. It was later discovered that the vehicle they were driving, Chrysler 300, was stolen. Detectives attempted to interview the suspects, however, they refused. All three suspects were taken to the Juvenile Assessment Center to be processed.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach