BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Airlines are finally stopping the insanity of permitting pets on planes unless their owners can prove the pets have been vaccinated and trained. It’s time for Publix to do the same.
The photo above, taken at the Publix at Clint Moore and 441 earlier this week, shows a man with a dog on a leash — roaming aisles like it’s a park.
But it’s not a park. It’s a place where there is food. Fresh food. Sometimes unwrapped food. Food that people would like to eat without being infested with fleas, or would like access to without fearing a four legged animal urniated or defacated in the aisle just feet away.
There is no reason that a dog needs to be walked in a Publix. There is no reason that someone must shop for food with a dog. This is not a legitimate service animal helping someone who is visually impaired. This is a pet.
If Delta airlines can tell passengers that they must provide proof of vaccination, training and medical need days before a flight, there is no reason that Publix can’t do the same.
And for those crazy people who believe that dogs have a right to be wherever humans are, we call Bullshiatzu.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FAU Owl, Cheerleaders Ring NYSE Bell
- Complete Closure Of Glades Road and I-95 Set For Entire Weekend
- Valencia Bay Homeowner Sues G.L. Homes For Unsafe Garage
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Crash On I-95 Slowing Traffic In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Allegedly Drives On Sidewalk Near Super 8 Motel, Arrested
- GUNFIRE LEADS TO MURDER ON MILITARY TRAIL
- Girl Hits Wall Driving Go-Kart At Boomers Boca, Parent Sues For $50,000
- Cops Investigate Fatal Shooting
- DISCRIMINATION? Fort Lauderdale Blocks Handicapped From Bathroom