BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Airlines are finally stopping the insanity of permitting pets on planes unless their owners can prove the pets have been vaccinated and trained. It’s time for Publix to do the same.
The photo above, taken at the Publix at Clint Moore and 441 earlier this week, shows a man with a dog on a leash — roaming aisles like it’s a park.
But it’s not a park. It’s a place where there is food. Fresh food. Sometimes unwrapped food. Food that people would like to eat without being infested with fleas, or would like access to without fearing a four legged animal urniated or defacated in the aisle just feet away.
There is no reason that a dog needs to be walked in a Publix. There is no reason that someone must shop for food with a dog. This is not a legitimate service animal helping someone who is visually impaired. This is a pet.
If Delta airlines can tell passengers that they must provide proof of vaccination, training and medical need days before a flight, there is no reason that Publix can’t do the same.
And for those crazy people who believe that dogs have a right to be wherever humans are, we call Bullshiatzu.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny