BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has obtained the affidavit of probable cause in the DUI arrest of Lois Skinner — the 85 year old Boca Raton woman who was born when Herbert Hoover was president.
We reported on her arrest earlier in the week.
Skinner, according to police, admitted to drinking three Vodka tonics at the Elks Lodge before crashing into a pole in the 7000 block of Congress.
The arresting officer wrote in a report, “Skinner stated that she had too much to drink and thought she would be fine to drive home. Skinner stated she normally has two drinks and can drive home but tonight she had three drinks and thought it was too much. Skinner stated that she was drinking Vodka tonics tonight while she was at the Elks Lodge. While speaking with Skinner I could smell a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage emanating from her person, her eyes were blood shot and glossy and she was slurring her speech. Skinner needed to go to the bathroom and stumbled as she walked.”
As for Blood Alcohol content:
”Skinner provided two valid breath samples of .104 and .123… she advised that she would answer my questions without an attorney present.”
Florida’s legal limit is .08.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud