BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boynton Beach PD) — April 4, 2018 — Police are investigating the armed carjacking of a 66-year-old West Palm Beach man Tuesday night in the parking lot of the Boynton Beach Mall.
The victim told police that he was sitting in his silver 2016 Toyota Camry outside Macy’s at around 9:40 p.m., when two men opened the driver’s side door and pointed a gun at him.
They demanded he get out of the car, which he did, and then one of them drove out of the mall parking lot onto Congress Avenue.
Responding officers saw the car in the eastbound lanes of Boynton Beach Boulevard at the I-95 overpass. The suspects got out of the car and jumped the guardrail, running down the embankment and across the railroad tracks. Despite an exhaustive search by officers, K9 and PBSO’s Eagle, the suspects were not located.
The suspects are described as black males, 16-18 years of age wearing dark clothing. One of the males had medium length dreadlocks.
The Camry was returned to the victim, who was not injured. The investigation into the carjacking continues.
Anyone with information is asked to call Det. Nicole Loshelder at 561-732-8116 or Crime Stoppers of Palm Beach County at 800-458-TIPS. Tips can also be submitted via our MyPD app and at www.bbpd.org. You can remain anonymous.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates