BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boynton Beach PD) — April 4, 2018 — Police are investigating the armed carjacking of a 66-year-old West Palm Beach man Tuesday night in the parking lot of the Boynton Beach Mall.
The victim told police that he was sitting in his silver 2016 Toyota Camry outside Macy’s at around 9:40 p.m., when two men opened the driver’s side door and pointed a gun at him.
They demanded he get out of the car, which he did, and then one of them drove out of the mall parking lot onto Congress Avenue.
Responding officers saw the car in the eastbound lanes of Boynton Beach Boulevard at the I-95 overpass. The suspects got out of the car and jumped the guardrail, running down the embankment and across the railroad tracks. Despite an exhaustive search by officers, K9 and PBSO’s Eagle, the suspects were not located.
The suspects are described as black males, 16-18 years of age wearing dark clothing. One of the males had medium length dreadlocks.
The Camry was returned to the victim, who was not injured. The investigation into the carjacking continues.
Anyone with information is asked to call Det. Nicole Loshelder at 561-732-8116 or Crime Stoppers of Palm Beach County at 800-458-TIPS. Tips can also be submitted via our MyPD app and at www.bbpd.org. You can remain anonymous.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fourth DUI Arrest For Boca Woman Working At Addiction Center
- BREAKING: Man Shot In Head Just South Of Boca Raton, Search Underway
- REWARD: Fatal Shooting South Of Boca Raton, Who Is The Killer?
- WEATHER ALERT: Thunderstorms Moving Into Boca Raton
- LAWSUIT: OFFICE DEPOT SPAMMED CUSTOMERS
- WE ASK: What’s Your Experience With “PackMy RX”?
- Second DUI Arrest In Weeks For Delray Beach’s Scott Fisher
- BABY FORMULA: United Way Offers “Food Finder” Map In Palm Beach County
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward