BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: BRRH Media Release) — Boca Raton Regional Hospital (BRRH) announces the appointment of Mindy Shikiar, MBA, MSN as Chief Operating Officer for the organization. Ms. Shikiar replaces Karen Poole, who retired from the position earlier this month.
A seasoned and accomplished healthcare executive, Ms. Shikiar joined Boca Region in 2003 and has served in various leadership positions including Vice President of Oncology Services, Ambulatory Services and Business Development.
During her tenure she has had oversight of major programmatic and facility expansions at Boca Regional’s Eugene M. & Christine E. Lynn Cancer Institute, Christine E. Lynn Women’s Health and Wellness Institute and Gloria Drummond Physical Rehabilitation Institute.
Prior to joining BRRH, Ms. Shikiar served as Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer at Kindred/Vencor Hospital, a long-term acute care facility in Fort Lauderdale.
Her 35-year career in healthcare is comprised of numerous nursing industry positions including that of Nurse Manager, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Director of Quality and Case Management.
Ms. Shikiar received her bachelor of science in nursing from Boston University and both her master in business administration and her master of science in nursing from the University of Miami.
“We are enthused over Mindy’s transition to Chief Operating Officer,” said Jerry Fedele, President and CEO at Boca Raton Regional Hospital. “Her experience and skill set are ideally suited for this important role within our organization. Her leadership will be instrumental as we continue to enhance our position as a preeminent, academic referral medical center in the region.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance Two Systems Form Within Days
- Carly Richards, 20, Killed In Boynton Beach Crash
- Boca Raton Lawyer Who Threatened Us Disqualified From Case We Covered
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems Southeast Of Florida May Become Victor, Wanda
- POLICE: Woman Charged With Firebombing Area Temple
- KINSA: Palm Beach County COVID Situation Improving, But Hospitals Over Capacity
- FLORIDA BLUE ALERT: Patrick McDowell On Loose, Allegedly Killed Cop
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon