UPDATE: Read the affidavit of probable cause (the complete arrest report) in the story here.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Mayor Susan Haynie was jailed Tuesday night, charged with three counts of fraud/falsifying official documents as a public servant, one count of perjury and three counts of violating a county ordinance.
Bond was set at $12,000. Haynie was released before midnight.
The criminal charges stem from allegations that Haynie personally benefited from real estate transactions involving the City.
We will publish the affidavit of probable cause once it is processed by the Palm Beach County Clerk of Court.
She was arrested by PBSO.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High