DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is again investigating several incidents involving car thieves in communities on Lyons Road between Clint Moore and Atlantic.
Police say a car was stolen from Pavilion Way in Seven Bridges on Friday morning. The incident was logged at 9:38 am.
Hours later, another car was vandalized on the same street. That report was logged at 5:53 pm.
Seven Bridges remains under construction. Officials point to gates that are often open with construction traffic being “waved through” as reasons that homeowners must remain hyper vigilant.
”Cars should never be left unlocked,” police told BocaNewsNow.com several months ago in the midst of the first wave of thefts and break-ins. “Even when monitored, gated communities are not fortresses. When they’re not monitored, gates are merely aesthetic. You should make smart choices and never let your guard down.”
In the Oaks, just south of Seven Bridges, alert security guards earlier this week stopped several car vandalism and theft attempts.
The latest incidents come on the heels of more than 20 car thefts and burglaries carried out in The Oaks, Seven Bridges, The Bridges, Mizner Country Club, Stone Creek Ranch, Boca Grove and additional communities in the PBSO and Boca Raton Police Department jurisdictions.
Investigators have told BocaNewsNow.com that the thieves are likely part of organized rings that know what they’re doing, know how to move quickly, often observing and exploiting weaknesses in community security protocols.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Boca Raton Forecloses Over $3K, One Third Owed To Attorney
- WOMAN VANISHES FROM FORT LAUDERDALE HOLLYWOOD INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 To Close Tonight In Boca Raton
- MAJOR FLIGHT DELAYS: Flights From Florida To New York, Mid-Atlantic Delayed Due To Smoke
- SWAT Storms Cortland Uptown Boca, Nabs Two On Weapons, Financial Crimes
- DOUNUGHT DISASTER: Krispy Kreme Sued In Palm Beach County After Critical Injury
- BOCA POLICE 911 CALL: WITNESS FEARED FOR CHILD IN CAR
- National Hurricane Center Still Monitoring System Far East Of Florida
- Pedestrian Struck By Brightline Train In Delray Beach