DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is again investigating several incidents involving car thieves in communities on Lyons Road between Clint Moore and Atlantic.
Police say a car was stolen from Pavilion Way in Seven Bridges on Friday morning. The incident was logged at 9:38 am.
Hours later, another car was vandalized on the same street. That report was logged at 5:53 pm.
Seven Bridges remains under construction. Officials point to gates that are often open with construction traffic being “waved through” as reasons that homeowners must remain hyper vigilant.
”Cars should never be left unlocked,” police told BocaNewsNow.com several months ago in the midst of the first wave of thefts and break-ins. “Even when monitored, gated communities are not fortresses. When they’re not monitored, gates are merely aesthetic. You should make smart choices and never let your guard down.”
In the Oaks, just south of Seven Bridges, alert security guards earlier this week stopped several car vandalism and theft attempts.
The latest incidents come on the heels of more than 20 car thefts and burglaries carried out in The Oaks, Seven Bridges, The Bridges, Mizner Country Club, Stone Creek Ranch, Boca Grove and additional communities in the PBSO and Boca Raton Police Department jurisdictions.
Investigators have told BocaNewsNow.com that the thieves are likely part of organized rings that know what they’re doing, know how to move quickly, often observing and exploiting weaknesses in community security protocols.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida
- INCREASE: Now 129 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth Announces Increased Funding For Park Rangers
- Camera Off May Mean “Absent” In Palm Beach County Schools
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record