BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Hurricane season is still weeks away, but that isn’t stopping the National Hurricane Center from issuing an advisory. The rain isn’t going anywhere for a while, and to put it another way: if you haven’t started to purchase supplies for this year’s hurricane season, you’re already a bit behind the eight ball.
Know this: it is already too late to purchase a whole house generator — permitting takes months. Gas prices are expected to rise soon, so you may want to fill up those “emergency” gas tanks sooner than later, and while water tends to available right up until a storm hits, visiting fully stocked shelves in Publix, Target or Wal-Mart now — not when there legitimately is a storm — is a good idea.
From the National Hurricane Center:
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
A large area of cloudiness, showers, and thunderstorms extending
from the eastern Gulf of Mexico across much of the Florida Peninsula
is associated with a broad surface low pressure area interacting
with an upper-level low. This system could acquire some subtropical
or tropical characteristics while it moves slowly northward across
the eastern Gulf of Mexico during the next few days. Regardless of
subtropical or tropical cyclone formation, this system will enhance
rainfall across portions of Florida and the northeastern Gulf Coast
during the next few days. For more information on this system,
please see products issued by your local weather office. The next
Special Tropical Weather Outlook on this system will be issued by 4
PM EDT today.
* Formation chance through 48 hours…low…30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days…medium…40 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud