BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The ongoing drama between Boca Raton High School Phys. Ed. teacher Max Spinner and the Palm Beach County School District is set for a showdown on June 7th. That’s when the District will ask the court to dismiss Spinner’s suit.
Spinner was ousted from his position of coach of the boy’s basketball team after the school district alleged that he violated FHSAA policy by holding an “Open Facilities” event in which, the school district claims, he offered instruction in violation of Florida High School Athletic Association rules. The school district claims it was fined $14,000 as a result of the infraction and faced other sanctions. In Spinner’s complaint, he writes he was told by Boca Raton High School Principal Suzanne King that “the school board wants you fired.”
The “Open Facilities” event was approved by Moody Fuller, the high’s school’s interim athletic director, as shown in an email attached to the complaint.
Spinner’s suit seeks “compensatory damages, punitive damages, for costs of suit, pre and post-judgment interest, and that this Court gran the Petitioner such other and further relief as the Court deems just and proper.”
Spinner was fired as basketball coach but remains a teacher.
Read the entire complaint below.
Read an order granting a partial order for certain claims to be dismissed.
Read the order setting the “motion to dismiss” hearing for June 7th.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected