BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The ongoing drama between Boca Raton High School Phys. Ed. teacher Max Spinner and the Palm Beach County School District is set for a showdown on June 7th. That’s when the District will ask the court to dismiss Spinner’s suit.
Spinner was ousted from his position of coach of the boy’s basketball team after the school district alleged that he violated FHSAA policy by holding an “Open Facilities” event in which, the school district claims, he offered instruction in violation of Florida High School Athletic Association rules. The school district claims it was fined $14,000 as a result of the infraction and faced other sanctions. In Spinner’s complaint, he writes he was told by Boca Raton High School Principal Suzanne King that “the school board wants you fired.”
The “Open Facilities” event was approved by Moody Fuller, the high’s school’s interim athletic director, as shown in an email attached to the complaint.
Spinner’s suit seeks “compensatory damages, punitive damages, for costs of suit, pre and post-judgment interest, and that this Court gran the Petitioner such other and further relief as the Court deems just and proper.”
Spinner was fired as basketball coach but remains a teacher.
Read the entire complaint below.
Read an order granting a partial order for certain claims to be dismissed.
Read the order setting the “motion to dismiss” hearing for June 7th.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SIRENS: Fainting At The Jewelry Exchange, Sick At Publix, Trauma At A Park
- Area Realtor Charged With DUI In Delray Beach
- MASK MANDATE: Local Airports Remind Florida Travelers They Must Wear Masks
- STUDENT ASSAULTED AT OMNI MIDDLE SCHOOL, SCHOOL BOARD SUED
- SIRENS: Dead At Boca Woods, Fainting At PBI, Bleeding At Canyons Middle School
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony