DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office arrested David Puy, 19, and charged him with the official charge of “Intimidation — write, send, threaten to kill or injure” after police say he threatened to “shoot up” a school. He allegedly posted the threat on Snapchat. Bond is set at $50k.
Here is the official statement from PBSO:
“On Tuesday, May 29, 2018, at approximately 1:45 pm, Palm Beach County School Board Police requested assistance from PBSO after a teacher brought to their attention a possible threat of a school shooter. A former student, David Puy, H/M, DOB: 4/21/99, had broadcasted “On my way.School shooter” on his snapchat account. This was viewed by a current student who brought this to the attention of a teacher who notified School Board Police. Violent Crimes Division was assigned to assist the School Police. Puy was located at this parents’ home. During an interview, he admitted that he posted a “live feed” video with the caption mentioned. He denied any intent to commit a violent act and claimed he “wasn’t thinking” when he made the post.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Kids Are Testing Positive At Boca Raton Area Camps, What Does That Mean For School?
- Here’s How To Remove Your Child From Palm Beach County Schools
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF