DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Delray Beach Media Advisory) — The City of Delray Beach would like to announce that due to last minute changes, it will not start the paid parking system on Atlantic Avenue on Monday, June 11. The pay-by-plate and pay-by-phone options will take effect Monday, June 25, 2018.
City staff is working alongside the Delray Beach Downtown Development Authority (DDA) to ensure meters placed in the downtown area are accurately programmed and signage is properly displayed. Additionally, the City and DDA will take this time to launch a marketing campaign and conduct outreach to the local businesses, residents and visitors informing them on the how the parking system will work.
After the activation on June 25, there will be a 30-day grace period and parking violators will only receive a warning. During this time, the Downtown Ambassadors will be on scene to continue to educate patrons and hand out parking brochures.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- AARON SINGERMAN TO SPEND 54 MONTHS IN PRISON
- St. Andrews County Club Sues Dead Homeowner For Not Paying Membership Dues
- RECORD SETTING COLD COMING: National Weather Service Issues Advisory…
- Deerfield Beach Woman Struck By Car, Killed
- Aaron Singerman Sentencing Delayed, Remains In Custody
- B’NAI TORAH BOCA: Parents Livid Over New COVID-19 Policies
- I-95 To Close In Boca Raton, Expect Traffic Problems
- AARON SINGERMAN: Government Seeks 78-97 Months In Prison, Sentencing Thursday
- New York Man Killed In Delray Beach Crash, Drove Under Semi