DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Delray Beach Media Advisory) — The City of Delray Beach would like to announce that due to last minute changes, it will not start the paid parking system on Atlantic Avenue on Monday, June 11. The pay-by-plate and pay-by-phone options will take effect Monday, June 25, 2018.
City staff is working alongside the Delray Beach Downtown Development Authority (DDA) to ensure meters placed in the downtown area are accurately programmed and signage is properly displayed. Additionally, the City and DDA will take this time to launch a marketing campaign and conduct outreach to the local businesses, residents and visitors informing them on the how the parking system will work.
After the activation on June 25, there will be a 30-day grace period and parking violators will only receive a warning. During this time, the Downtown Ambassadors will be on scene to continue to educate patrons and hand out parking brochures.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected