DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Delray Beach Media Advisory) — The City of Delray Beach would like to announce that due to last minute changes, it will not start the paid parking system on Atlantic Avenue on Monday, June 11. The pay-by-plate and pay-by-phone options will take effect Monday, June 25, 2018.
City staff is working alongside the Delray Beach Downtown Development Authority (DDA) to ensure meters placed in the downtown area are accurately programmed and signage is properly displayed. Additionally, the City and DDA will take this time to launch a marketing campaign and conduct outreach to the local businesses, residents and visitors informing them on the how the parking system will work.
After the activation on June 25, there will be a 30-day grace period and parking violators will only receive a warning. During this time, the Downtown Ambassadors will be on scene to continue to educate patrons and hand out parking brochures.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- West Boca, Delray Medical Centers Restrict Visitors
- PALM BEACH SCHOOL TEACHERS: “We’ll Reward Kids Who Wear Masks”
- COVID CRISIS FLORIDA: State Reports Another 16,935 Infections, 140 Deaths
- ARMED ROBBERY OUTSIDE TOWN CENTER MALL: Boca Raton Police Investigate
- UPDATE: Hurricane Center Now Says Two Systems Forming
- LAWSUIT: Don’t Burn The Body! Boca Raton Woman Set For Cremation, Son Says Stop…
- Daniel Porush, “Wolf Of Boca Raton,” Jailed On DUI Charge
- FLORIDA: At Least 40 Children Admitted To Hospitals For COVID On Monday
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: COVID Positive Children Must Miss First Days