DEERFIELD BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: BSO Media Alert) — A Boca man arrested for driving under the influence on May 5 is now facing charges for leaving the scene of an accident involving a death.
Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide detectives investigating the hit-and-run death of a Deerfield Beach woman who was struck and killed while walking on the bike lane along Ocean Drive the night of May 4 determined David Posta, 42, was behind the wheel.
The hit-and-run happened around 8:15 p.m. in the 600 block of South Ocean Drive. Tina Cagnana, 47, and her teenage daughter were walking southbound in the bike lane along the west side of the street when a Ford F-150 pickup veered off the roadway, struck her and fled. Her daughter was not injured.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported Cagnana to Broward Health North where she was later pronounced dead.
Around six hours later, a BSO deputy in Tamarac spotted a white Ford F-150 with front-end damage matching the description of the hit-and-run vehicle in the parking lot of a 7-Eleven. An independent investigation by a BSO DUI detective confirmed the driver was driving impaired, and Posta was arrested.
He remains at the BSO Main Jail facing additional charges for the hit-and-run.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Police Respond To Shooting But Still Know Nothing
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wave Watching Continues, Another Expected To Form
- Delray Beach Father And Son Charged In Boynton Shooting, Witness Threat
- BREAKING: Shots Fired In Boca Raton
- Health Inspector Cites Local McDonald’s For Insects, Garbage
- Boca Raton Woman Pulls Gun On Former Israeli Defense Force Soldier
- TURNPIKE CRASH UPDATE: Victim Of Fender Bender Killed When Hit Near Glades Road
- Generator Company Reviews: Tell Us About Your Experience In Palm Beach County
- United Way Of Palm Beach County Raises $433K For Non-Profit Workers