UPDATE WITH DETAILS: Click Here.
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We’re not naming names, and we’re not naming the community yet, but an area HOA’s Facebook group is freaking out tonight with posts claiming a group of kids brought a duffel bag of guns into the community’s clubhouse. While there is no proof at this time that the incident actually took place, the incredible Facebook posts reveal an arguably frightening lack of anyone wanting to call police themselves.
This community in question has security, a club house attendant, and security cameras, yet no one has apparently taken any action. In a world of “see something, say something,” no one has called the police as of 10:20p Sunday evening — but many homeowners have instead taken to Facebook to suggest that other homeowners tell the property manager about it on Monday.
Wrote one person in posts sent to BocaNewsNow.com which does not have access to the group (and the grammar is as written): “I would take this matter very serious, and coming freshly graduated last year, I know how much gun violence is serious issue. The clubhouse should be the last place we as a community should have to worry about guns.”
Wrote someone else: “I would notify (property manager) tomorrow morning. She should turn this over to the police.”
”I didn’t move from the hood to live in the hood,” added another. “What was I thinking when I thought a gated community would be safe?”
One more incredible, seemingly tone deaf post: “I feel sorry for the kids that were scared by this.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates