DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s time for the absurdity to stop, or at the very least to shine the spotlight on those elitists who believe they need golf carts to drive through gated communities that are notably missing golf courses.
In what is becoming a true safety hazard as more and more
New Yorkers out of staters move into Boca and Delray, golf carts are clogging streets and slowing legitimate traffic as unseatbelted drivers on golf carts lacking license plates — and presumably insurance — ride around oblivious to cars with engines and bumpers.
Some HOA’s, to their credit, require all golf cart owners to carry upwards of $1m in insurance. Incredibly, many new Delray Beach community HOA’s do not.
We want to see your photos of these golf carts and their drivers. Let us know the community where you took the photo. We are especially interested in golf carts in communities that do not have a golf course, and we would like to see golf carts that contain kids and are driving on streets. It doesn’t matter if the streets are in or outside of a “gated community.” We’ll redact the faces of minors prior to publishing.
To golf cart owners who may have recently moved here from out of state, keep this in mind: your homeowner’s insurance likely only covers a small portion of what you could be liable for if your golf cart is involved in an accident. Under Florida law, you will more likely than not be held responsible for a wreck if you take on a car on street — whether it’s a public road or in your gated community.
Send your pics to news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday