BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In the latest example of folks posting to Facebook instead of calling police — or in this case, calling police but then adding extra information to a Facebook post that wasn’t given to police — Boca PD is publicly saying that its investigators are aware of concerning claims on social media about a sex trafficking group in Sugar Sand Park. Police say there’s no investigative proof that the post is anything more than a, well, post.
From Boca PD on its own Facebook page:
We are aware of a posting on social media about a suspicious incident at Sugar Sand Park over the weekend. On Saturday, June 16, 2018, Boca Raton Police responded to the park just after 8:00 p.m. A mother reported a teenage female was with a male and was trying to get the caller’s daughters to go over and play hide and seek. The posting states that “authorities” believe it was likely a “sex trafficking group,” which the complainant later said she concluded on her own and was not attributed to us. The post has since been removed. A park ranger was on the playground at the time of the incident. Three officers checked the area and the people couldn’t be found. While we didn’t find anything suspicious in this case we always encourage everyone to call us if they feel something isn’t right.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Pfizer COVID-19 Appointments Available In Palm Beach County
- FSA Testing Brings COVID-19 Increase In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Resident Gregg Fredman Jailed For Child Abuse
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge