BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boca Raton Regional Hospital) — The newly designed Kathy Krickstein Pressel MammoVan recently arrived at Boca Raton Regional Hospital. The van travels throughout South Florida to provide early breast cancer detection services and breast health education.
“Having Pristina aboard the new van will make it less stressful for our patients wanting to get a breastexam,” said Shakira Sarquis-Kolber, Director of Women’s Imaging at the Lynn Women’s Health &Wellness Institute. “The Pristina was designed to help reduce pain, discomfort and anxiety for patients to improve the mammography experience while providing our radiologists with high-quality images.”
The new van will begin its travels this July to community events, businesses and health fairs. It will typically travel 10,000 miles and visit close to 200 sites each year. Since 2010, the Kathy Krickstein Pressel MammoVan has performed more than 13,000 mammograms and diagnosed 42 women with cancer. Breast exam results from the van are read by The Women’s Institute’s internationally recognizedradiologists and are available within two business days.
“We are delivering convenient, high-quality, patient-focused care directly to the community,” said Maureen Mann, Executive Director of the Lynn Cancer and Lynn Women’s Health and WellnessInstitute. “About one in eight women will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime and early detection is critical in developing a treatment plan. The Kathy Krickstein Pressel MammoVan will ensure women have easy access to our life-saving services.”
The Kathy Krickstein Pressel Mammovan is made possible through the generous contributions of LPGA star and Boca Raton resident Morgan Pressel Bush, the Morgan Pressel Foundation and the St. Andrews Country Club. Morgan was inspired by her mother’s fight against breast cancer. Kathryn Krickstein Pressel died of the disease in 2003 when Morgan was only 15 years old.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”