FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — JetBlue is the latest airline operating out of South Florida doing its part to stop the insanity of emotional support animals. Joining Delta and American Airlines, JetBlue is sending a loud message to those liars among us who claim their pets are “emotional support animals” yet are merely dressing their doggie-woggie in a red vest purchased from Amazon.com in an effort to transport the pet for free.
Like Delta and American, JetBlue now says “not so fast.” Travelers must register their ESA at least 48 hours before flight time and supply a decent amount of paperwork supporting that the traveler is in fact nuts and that the pet provides some sort of support through its onboard licking, barking, biting and deficating.
Note: no airline is taking a stand against Service Animals which are legimately trained and actually serve a purpose. The “Emotional Support Animal” designation, as airlines now seemingly agree, is a scam used by those too cheap to transport their pets correctly.
Here is the latest from JetBlue about its rules which go into effect on July 1st.
We want to let our JetBlue customers know of some changes to our Emotional Support Animal Policy effective on July 1, 2018.
Following are some of the highlights of the policy changes:
- Customers will submit documentation at least 48 hours before travel.
- JetBlue must be notified of emotional support animal travel and receive documentation no less than 48 hours prior to departure
- Three forms of documentation will now be required:
- Veterinary Health Form
- Medical/Mental Health Professional Form
- Confirmation of Animal Behavior Form
- Each customer will only be allowed to travel with one Emotional Support Animal
- Acceptable emotional support and psychiatric service animals are limited to dogs, cats, and miniature horses
- Customers that have indicated they are traveling with an Emotional Support Animal will be sent an email with instructions on submitting documentation.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday