BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: FAU) — Florida Atlantic University’s Department of Theatre and Dance in the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters presents the musical “Cabaret,” from Friday, July 6 through Sunday, July 22 in Studio One Theatre, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton campus. Shows are on Fridays and Saturdays at 7 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays at 2 p.m., with additional shows on Sunday, July 15 at 7 p.m. and Wednesday, July 18 at 7 p.m. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased atwww.fauevents.com, by calling 561-297-6124 or at the box office in FAU’s Student Union, Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. There will be special on-stage seating for Cabaret for $125 (includes $100 tax-deductible gift to Theatre student scholarships), call 561-297-2337 for information on the onstage seating.
“Cabaret,” the winner of multiple Tony Awards, including Best Musical and Best Revival, is a raucous play that comes roaring to life in the infamous Kit Kat Klub where some of Broadway’s most memorable songs spill out onto the stage. While the emcee promises to help us forget all our troubles, Germany begins its descent into hell and we are reminded what happens when we bury our heads in the sand and forget to love our neighbors. The show is directed by Lee Soroko and stars Equity actors Lynn McNutt, Kathryn Johnston and Wayne LeGette, alongside graduate students in FAU’s MFA theatre program who are starring in their last production before they graduate and enter the world of professional theater.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: Person Shot Near Boca Raton Town Center Mall
- POLICE: Stay Away From Mall And Military Trail In Boca
- Popular Boca Raton Restaurant Was Shut For Roaches, Health Code Violations
- CDC: If Vaccinated, Some Family Visiting Okay, But No Travel, No Word On Restaurants
- Silky, Smooth and Slippery: Victoria’s Secret Sued By Palm Beach County Woman
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Battering Senior Citizen
- School Board Member Dr. Robinson: It’s Time To Step Up On FSA’s
- In Hidden Trump, DeSantis COVID Report, Florida Looking Better
- POLICE: Woman Visiting From Saudi Arabia Charged With Shoplifting At Macy’s