UPDATE: Victim identifies as Jennifer Salcito. We interviewed her years ago here.
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Delray Beach Police) — Delray Beach Police Department detectives are investigating the death of a woman whose body, partially concealed by brush, was found Tuesday morning in the Frog Alley Community Garden.
A resident had smelled the distinct odor of decomposition coming from the area of the garden at 250 S.W. 4th Ave. On Tuesdaymorning, she contacted an acquaintance at the Delray Beach Code Enforcement Office. When code enforcement officers saw the body, they contacted police immediately. Detectives are investigating her death as a homicide. They believe she has been dead for a few days. They have not released her name or age.
Anyone with information about the woman or her death is asked to contact Det. Mike Shiner at (561) 243-7828 or report anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers of Palm Beach County at (800) 458-TIPS (8477). Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for an anonymous tip that leads to an arrest.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- National Hurricane Center Still Monitoring System Far East Of Florida
- Pedestrian Struck By Brightline Train In Delray Beach
- WATCH VIDEO: BOCA RATON OFFICER PULLS PREGNANT WOMAN FROM CAR
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Being Watched East Of Florida, No Threat For Now
- Nine Students To Be Expelled From Palm Beach County Schools
- REMINDER: No Bags Permitted In Broward Schools This Week
- Major I-95, Glades Road Traffic Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton
- Anti-Muslim Conservative Laura Loomer Sues Attorneys In Palm Beach County Court
- Cheerleader In Bikini Jailed For DUI In Delray Beach, Driving Strapless