CORAL SPRINGS, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Coral Springs Center for the Arts today announced that it will present the deliciously campy musical THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW on Thursday and Friday, July 26-27, with performances at 1:30 and 7 pm.
The show is being presented as part of this summer’s Next Stop Broadway Teen Theatre Project and will feature 50 local teens, ranging in age from 14 to 18, including Kali Clougherty, one of the students from Parkland’s Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School that sang Seasons of Love at this year’s Tony Awards.
A story of creation, love, hate, and adventure, THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW is a humorous tribute to the science fiction and horror B movies of the late 1940s through to the early 1970s. With music, lyrics and book by Richard O’Brien, this rock-opera features a wacky cast of characters and classic songs, like Science Fiction/Double Feature, The Time Warp and Damn It, Janet.
The Coral Springs Center for the Arts promises “all the fun and excitement of a midnight showing, complete with audience participation, people in costumes and grab bags.”
Next Stop Broadway is the premier training center for young performers in South Florida. Established in 2002, it has been making lifelong memories for the past 16 years. Children are split into age/grade-appropriate groups, and travel to classes full of fun activities designed just for them in Singing, Dancing, Acting, Stage Production Arts, and more. Each session culminates in full-scale, fully designed production, in which every camper participates.
Tickets for THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW are $9 for the 1 pm shows, and $18 for the 7 pm performances. They are now available for purchase by calling the Box Office at 954-344-5990 or going online to www.TheCenterCS.com.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FAU High School Celebrates 34 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists
- Palm Beach County School District Employees Infected With COVID-19
- BOCA RATON HIGH SCHOOL: Social Distancing Disaster
- Palm Beach County Extends Facial Covering Executive Order
- Just 54,000 Students Returned To Palm Beach County Schools, 107K Stayed Online
- PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS: Parents, How Was In-Person Learning?
- Boca Raton Doctor Facing 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Sinai Residences Breaks Ground On Phase Two
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off South Florida To Bring Rain, May Develop