UPDATE: 4:45pm — Boynton Beach Police now confirm the victim has died.
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boynton Beach Police are investigating after a Publix semi-tractor trailer ran over a pedestrian just before 9 a.m. in the 2200 block of North Seacrest Boulevard.
Investigation has determined that the Publix truck was traveling northbound in the right lane and stopped in front of 2220 N. Seacrest Blvd, waiting behind a City of Boynton Beach recyclable truck.
As the city truck began to travel north, the Publix truck also started to move. At the same, a woman somehow got underneath the Publix truck. It is unknown at this time how or why she went underneath it.
The truck’s rear left outer wheel struck and ran her over.
The woman is identified as Herma Jervis, 68, of Boynton Beach. The driver of the truck is Bryan J. Martinez Borjas, 31, of North Miami. His passenger is identified as Huachuca Moore, 46, of Tamarac. Neither was injured.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Boca Raton Forecloses Over $3K, One Third Owed To Attorney
- WOMAN VANISHES FROM FORT LAUDERDALE HOLLYWOOD INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 To Close Tonight In Boca Raton
- MAJOR FLIGHT DELAYS: Flights From Florida To New York, Mid-Atlantic Delayed Due To Smoke
- SWAT Storms Cortland Uptown Boca, Nabs Two On Weapons, Financial Crimes
- DOUNUGHT DISASTER: Krispy Kreme Sued In Palm Beach County After Critical Injury
- BOCA POLICE 911 CALL: WITNESS FEARED FOR CHILD IN CAR
- National Hurricane Center Still Monitoring System Far East Of Florida
- Pedestrian Struck By Brightline Train In Delray Beach