FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — On Wednesday, June 18, a Broward County grand jury indicted four men involved in the mid-June murder of a local rapper as he exited a Deerfield Beach business. Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives need the public’s help in locating the two who remain at large.
The two-count indictment (Link) charges Dedrick Williams, 22, Michael Boatwright, 22, Trayvon Newsome, 20, and Robert Allen, 22, with first-degree murder with a firearm and armed robbery with a firearm.
Investigators say Boatwright and Newsome were the two armed suspects who confronted Jahseh Onfroy, aka XXXTentacion, when he was shot and killed in broad daylight on June 18. Williams was arrested on June 20. Boatwright was arrested on July 5 on unrelated drug charges. On July 10, detectives served him with an arrest warrant for first-degree murder while at the BSO Main Jail. The search continues for Allen and Newsome.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the BSO homicide detectives John Curcio or Walt Foster at (954) 321-4210. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Anonymous tips that lead to an arrest may be eligible for a reward of up to $3,000.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Under 300
- Coast Guard Looking For Plane South Of Boca Raton
- Boynton’s Neil Goldman Killed In Bicycle Crash On Lyons Road
- Palm Beach County Schools Paid Full Price For Massive Chromebook Order
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge