FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — On Wednesday, June 18, a Broward County grand jury indicted four men involved in the mid-June murder of a local rapper as he exited a Deerfield Beach business. Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives need the public’s help in locating the two who remain at large.
The two-count indictment (Link) charges Dedrick Williams, 22, Michael Boatwright, 22, Trayvon Newsome, 20, and Robert Allen, 22, with first-degree murder with a firearm and armed robbery with a firearm.
Investigators say Boatwright and Newsome were the two armed suspects who confronted Jahseh Onfroy, aka XXXTentacion, when he was shot and killed in broad daylight on June 18. Williams was arrested on June 20. Boatwright was arrested on July 5 on unrelated drug charges. On July 10, detectives served him with an arrest warrant for first-degree murder while at the BSO Main Jail. The search continues for Allen and Newsome.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the BSO homicide detectives John Curcio or Walt Foster at (954) 321-4210. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Anonymous tips that lead to an arrest may be eligible for a reward of up to $3,000.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- AT LEAST SIX SEX OFFENDERS LIVE IN KINGS POINT DELRAY BEACH
- Moses Sues Walmart, Claims Parking Lot More Dangerous Than Red Sea
- Sentencing For Female Fraudster, Seven Bridges Homeowner, Delayed
- DEAD ROACHES FOUND IN BOCA RATON RESTAURANT
- KINGS POINT: Convicted Cyberstalker Re-Arrested
- Man In Dominant-Submissive Relationship Submits To Feds, Sentenced To 50 Years
- Free School Supplies Available For 2022-23 Palm Beach County Students
- Boca Raton Mobile Home Destroyed Overnight In Blaze
- SWIMMING? These Area Pools Are Unsatisfactory, Says Health Dept.