POMPANO BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Broward Sheriff’s Office) — Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives are investigating the death of a New York man who was found unresponsive during a dive on Saturday.
At 10:20 a.m. July 21, Paul Elmore of Como Park Blvd. in Lancaster, NY, was diving with South Florida Diving Headquarters east of the Hillsboro Inlet in Pompano Beach when he apparently lost consciousness. Fellow divers rescued him and began first aid.
BSO’s Marine Unit responded to the artificial reef wreck and also performed first aid on the 67-year-old man as they took him to shore. Pompano Beach Fire Rescue also responded and continued first aid. They transported the New York resident to Broward Health North where he was pronounced dead.
BSO’s death investigation continues. Broward County’s Office of Medical Examiner and Trauma Services will determine the cause of death.
Anyone with further information is asked to contact BSO Homicide Detective Bryan Tutler at 954-321-4200.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Heavy Rain For Days, Flood Watch Through Sunday
- TRAFFIC: Palm Beach County Projects Slow The Go, See Them All Here
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections
- COVID: Lynn University Continues “Block” Scheduling Through Spring