POMPANO BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Broward Sheriff’s Office) — Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives are investigating the death of a New York man who was found unresponsive during a dive on Saturday.
At 10:20 a.m. July 21, Paul Elmore of Como Park Blvd. in Lancaster, NY, was diving with South Florida Diving Headquarters east of the Hillsboro Inlet in Pompano Beach when he apparently lost consciousness. Fellow divers rescued him and began first aid.
BSO’s Marine Unit responded to the artificial reef wreck and also performed first aid on the 67-year-old man as they took him to shore. Pompano Beach Fire Rescue also responded and continued first aid. They transported the New York resident to Broward Health North where he was pronounced dead.
BSO’s death investigation continues. Broward County’s Office of Medical Examiner and Trauma Services will determine the cause of death.
Anyone with further information is asked to contact BSO Homicide Detective Bryan Tutler at 954-321-4200.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida’s COVID Numbers Are Not Getting Better
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident
- New Rules For COVID-19 Shots As Publix Again Takes Appointments